Monday, June 6, 2011

Challenge #3: Mixed Media Art at Stampin' Dymonz Creative Space

Challenge #3: Mixed Media Art

For the challenge this week, we will be making a decorative background paper. Hint: You will need this background for next week's challenge, so make sure you don't do anything further to the page then what you are directed to do in this post.

Select an 8.5 x 11 sheet of decorative or plain paper which you want to turn into your background paper.
Select 3 different colored paints and 1 metallic or glitter paint.
Use the paper you chose and the 4 ink colors to create a background page using the Credit Card Painting Technique for you to use as your base for next week's challenge.
Submit your challenge by noon Eastern time on Tuesday, June 7th using the InLinkz tool below.
 
Ok, here is the challenge for me: I have never done this and I didn't have an idea of what it was!!!!!
Thankfully SD posted a link to Mixed Media Art and I saw the light at the end of the tunnel.  First let me tell you that I feel in love with this place, so many techniques and beautiful artwork ready to inspire you. 
This is what I began with:


I used: Deep Teal, Holly Berry, Caramel, and Pure Gold acrylic paints.
Here is my creation:
The gold makes the paper shimmery, but it is kind of hard to see:


Please follow this link to see the other entries!
Thanks for visiting!

Love
Julia

5 comments:

  1. Julia,
    I love it...what bright beautiful colors...this is going to make an awesome something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is going to be a great finished project with this beautiful base. Thanks for sharing this at Stampin' Dymonz Creative Space

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, these are fabulous vibrant colors that will make a fantastic background - love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Dymonz Creative Space! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia, I am color crazee and those colors on that background are heaven to me! Just love it!!! Yes, I too fell in love with the Mixed Media Art forum -- those folks do some amazing things with what most would consider "trash". Thanks for sharing your creation and for your continued participation in the challenges at the Scrap Shack!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...